Methods for Swell Noise Attenuation in Marine Seismic Data
- Methods for Swell Noise Attenuation in Marine Seismic Data
- Other Titles
- 남극 탄성파 탐사 자료에 존재하는 파랑잡음 제거
- Kim, Sookwan
Hong, Jong Kuk
- F-X spatial prediction error f; Multi-channel Seismic; Swell Noise; Threshold Filter
- Issue Date
- Kim, Sookwan, Hong, Jong Kuk. 2011. Methods for Swell Noise Attenuation in Marine Seismic Data. 대한지질학회. 대한지질학회. 2011.10.27~.
- Korea Seismic Line 2010 that is multi-channel seismic data was collected during the 2010-
11 austral summer with IBRV Araon in the South Shetland Continental Margin, Antarctica.
More than half of all traces of KSL10-1, the first line of Korea Seismic Line 2010, were
contaminated by swell noise from rough weather conditions. The swell noise in the
seismic data showed high amplitude and most of energy was concentrated from 5 to 25
hertz in the frequency domain. These characteristics made more difficult to attenuate
swell noise in the seismic data. Because remaining swell noise decrease reflection
continuity in the seismic section, F-X spatial prediction error filter and threshold
filter added to the seismic data processing flow. Complex effect of these two methods
was able to attenuate the swell noise in KSL10-1 with minimizing signal loss. The result
of these methods showed better quality and more high resolution than before.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.