ACOUSTIC-ELASTIC COUPLED FULL-WAVEFORM INVERSION IN THE LAPLACE DOMAIN WITH SCALED GRADIENT FOR IMPROVED DENSITY RECOVERY
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- ACOUSTIC-ELASTIC COUPLED FULL-WAVEFORM INVERSION IN THE LAPLACE DOMAIN WITH SCALED GRADIENT FOR IMPROVED DENSITY RECOVERY
- Other Titles
- 음향-탄성 결합매질에 대한 구배도 보정 기법을 이용한 라플라스영역 파형역산에서의 향상된 밀도모델 구축
- Kang, Seung-Goo
Hong, Jong Kuk
Jin, Young Keun
- Density model; Full waveform inversion algorithm; Gradient scaling method; Laplace domain
- Issue Date
- Kang, Seung-Goo, et al. 2018. "ACOUSTIC-ELASTIC COUPLED FULL-WAVEFORM INVERSION IN THE LAPLACE DOMAIN WITH SCALED GRADIENT FOR IMPROVED DENSITY RECOVERY". JOURNAL OF SEISMIC EXPLORATION, 27(5): 487-504.
- Acoustic-elastic coupled full-waveform inversion in the Laplace domain is well suited for recovering P- and S-wave velocity (VP and VS, respectively), and density from marine seismic data because it can simulate waves that are generated in the fluid (sea water) and propagate into the solid (seafloor). However, density is not recovered as reliably as VP and VS. In this study, we show that the density recovery procedure using full-waveform inversion for acoustic-elastic coupled media can be improved by scaling the gradient for the steepest descent operation. Gradient scaling is a heuristic approach that multiplies the gradient by the square of the gradient summed in the depth direction. We found that this scaling scheme resulted in more accurate density as well as attenuated numerical artefacts. To validate the scaling scheme, we illustrate both synthetic and real data examples.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.