Determination of the absolute configuration of chaetoviridins and other bioactive azaphilones from the endophytic fungus Chaetomium globosum
Cited 0 time in
- Determination of the absolute configuration of chaetoviridins and other bioactive azaphilones from the endophytic fungus Chaetomium globosum
- Youn, Ui Joung
Kondratyuk, Tamara P.
Simmons, Charles J.
Wall, Marisa M.
Pezzuto, John M.
Chang, Leng Chee
- Pharmacology & Pharmacy; Chemistry
- Chaetomium globosum; Wikstroemia uva-ursi; Azaphilone; X-ray crystallography; Anti-inflammatory activity
- Issue Date
- Youn, Ui Joung., et al. 2015. Determination of the absolute configuration of chaetoviridins and other bioactive azaphilones from the endophytic fungus Chaetomium globosum. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 25: 4719-4723.
- Chemical investigation of an endophytic fungus Chaetomium globosum isolated from leaves of
Wikstroemia uva-ursi led to the isolation of two new azaphilones, chaetoviridins J and K (1 and 3), along
with five known derivatives (2 and 4-7). The structures of azaphilones were determined by NMR, X-ray
diffraction, Mosher’s method, and CD analysis. The isolated compounds were evaluated for their cancer
chemopreventive-potential based on their abilities to inhibit tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-a)-induced
nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-jB). Compounds 4, 5, 7, and synthetic 8 and 9 inhibit nitric oxide
(NO) production with IC50 values in the range of 0.3-5.8 lM. Compounds 4, 5, and 9 also displayed
(TNF-a)-induced NF-jB activity with IC50 values in the range of 0.9-5.1 lM.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.