Enhanced Production ofEndochitinase from An Antarctic Bacterium,Sanguibacter antarcticus PAMC21702, in Pichia pastoris
Cited 0 time in
- Enhanced Production ofEndochitinase from An Antarctic Bacterium,Sanguibacter antarcticus PAMC21702, in Pichia pastoris
- Other Titles
- 피키아 패스토리스에서 남극세균 상귀박터 안탁티쿠스 PAMC 21702 유래 키틴분해효소의 생산성 증대
- Han, Se Jong
Yim, Joung Han
Koh, Hye Yeon
Lee, Sung Gu
- Antarctica; Cold-active; Endochitinases; Fed-batch; Pichia pastoris
- Issue Date
- Han, Se Jong, et al. 2014. "Enhanced Production ofEndochitinase from An Antarctic Bacterium,Sanguibacter antarcticus PAMC21702, in Pichia pastoris". JOURNAL OF PURE AND APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY, 8(5): 3531-3536.
- The recombinant endochitinase (rChi21702) from a psychrophilic Antarctic bacterium, Sanguibacter antarcticus (KCTC 13143, PAMC 21702), has been produced using Pichia pastoris expression system. In this study, the optimum fermentation temperature (20°C) and growth media pH (6) for Chi21702 production was determined using a 2-stage fed-batch culture system. The maximal enzyme activity (178 U/l) of rChi21702 obtained using a glycerol-methanol fed-batch culture system was approximately 6-fold higher than that of unoptimized conditions. In addition, the rChi21702 exhibited cold-active endochitinase activity and higher thermal stability than that of the wild-type Chi21702. This work allows for large-scale production of rChi21702, which could be extended to further application studies using recombinant chtinases.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.