Production and characterization of medium-chain-length polyhydroxyalkanoates copolymer from Arctic psychrotrophic bacterium Pseudomonas sp. PAMC 28620
Cited 24 time in
Cited 28 time in
- Production and characterization of medium-chain-length polyhydroxyalkanoates copolymer from Arctic psychrotrophic bacterium Pseudomonas sp. PAMC 28620
- Other Titles
- 북극에서 분리된 내냉성 세균 슈도모나스 PAMC 28620에서 합성한 중간사슬길이의 polyhydroxyalkanoates copolymer의 생산과 특성분석
- Ganesan Sathiyanarayanan
Lee, Yoo Kyung
Shashi Kant Bhatia
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology; Chemistry
- Arctic Pseudomonas; Copolymer; Fermentation; Glycerol; Polyhydroxyalkanoates; Polymer Science
- Issue Date
- Ganesan Sathiyanarayanan, et al. 2017. "Production and characterization of medium-chain-length polyhydroxyalkanoates copolymer from Arctic psychrotrophic bacterium Pseudomonas sp. PAMC 28620". INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL MACROMOLECULES, 97(1): 710-720.
- Arctic psychrotrophic bacterium Pseudomonas sp. PAMC 28620 was found to produce a distinctive medium-chain-length polyhydroxyalkanoates (MCL-PHAs) copolymer when grown on structurally unrelated carbon sources including glycerol. The maximum MCL-PHAs copolymer yield was obtained about 52.18 ± 4.12% from 7.95 ± 0.66 g/L of biomass at 144 h of fermentation when 3% glycerol was used as sole carbon and energy source during the laboratory-scale bioreactor process. Characterization of the copolymer was carried out using fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS), proton (1H) and carbon (13C) nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR), gel permeation chromatography (GPC), differential scanning calorimeter (DSC) and thermo-gravimetric analysis (TGA). The copolymer produced by Pseudomonas sp. PAMC 28620 consisting of four PHA monomers and identified as 3-hydroxyoctanoate (3HO), 3-hydroxydecanoate (3HD), 3-hydroxydodecanoate (3HDD) and 3-hydroxytetradecanoate (3HTD). An average molecular weight of the copolymer was found approximately 30.244 kDa with polydispersity index (PDI) value of 2.05. Thermal analysis showed the produced MCL-PHAs copolymer to be low-crystalline (43.73%) polymer with great thermal stability, having the thermal decomposition temperature of 230 °C to 280 °C, endothermic melting temperature (Tm) of 172.84 °C, glass transition (Tg) temperature of 3.99 °C, and apparent melting enthalpy fusion (ΔHm) about 63.85 J.g-1.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.