Chitosan-coated C-phycocyanin Liposome for Extending the Neuroprotective Time Window Against Ischemic Brain Stroke
Cited 1 time in
Cited 3 time in
- Chitosan-coated C-phycocyanin Liposome for Extending the Neuroprotective Time Window Against Ischemic Brain Stroke
- Other Titles
- 허혈성 뇌졸중의 치료가능시간을 증가시키기 위한 키토산 코팅 C-Pc 리포좀 개발
- Goo, Yong Chung
Shim, Kyou Hee
Kim, Hye Jin
Min, Seul Ki
Shin, Hwa Sung
- Pharmacology & Pharmacy
- Brain stroke; C-phycocyanin; Chitosan; Ischemia and reperfusion; Liposome; Neuroprotection
- Issue Date
- Goo, Yong Chung, et al. 2018. "Chitosan-coated C-phycocyanin Liposome for Extending the Neuroprotective Time Window Against Ischemic Brain Stroke". CURRENT PHARMACEUTICAL DESIGN, 24(17): 1859-1864.
- The time window for neuroprotection during ischemic brain stroke is short, and hence, development of neuroprotectants is critical to extend this time window. This study sought to verify if muco-adhesive chitosan coating improves the neuroprotective potential of the pre-proven C-Phycocyanin-pertaining liposome (C-Pc liposome). The use of chitosan-coated liposomes extended the neuroprotective time window by 6 h after occlusion, and further improved the neuroprotection efficiency of the C-Pc liposome in a rat Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion (MCAO) model. Beneficial changes in mRNA expressions of antioxidants, inflammatory cytokines and glia scar proteoglycans were evident in the C-Pc liposomes. In addition, in the cultured astrocytes, the chitosan- coated C-Pc liposome expressed anti-oxidative activity without cytotoxicity.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.