HFC-43-10mee atmospheric abundances and global emission estimates
Cited 8 time in
Cited 8 time in
- HFC-43-10mee atmospheric abundances and global emission estimates
- Other Titles
- HFC-43-10mee 의 대기권내 총량과 전 지구적 방출량 추정
- Tim Arnold
Rhee, Tae Siek
- HFC-43-100-mee; 남극; 세종기지; 오존층파괴; 할로겐화합물
- Issue Date
- Tim Arnold, et al. 2014. "HFC-43-10mee atmospheric abundances and global emission estimates". GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH LETTERS, 41(6): 2228-2235.
- We report in situ atmospheric measurements of hydrofluorocarbon HFC-43-10mee (C5H2F10;1,1,1,2,2,3,4,5,5,5-decafluoropentane) from seven observatories at various latitudes, together with measurements of archived air samples and recent Antarctic flask air samples. The global mean tropospheric abundance was 0.21 ± 0.05 ppt (parts per trillion, dry air mole fraction) in 2012, rising from 0.04 ± 0.03 ppt in 2000. We combine the measurements with a model and an inverse method to estimate rising global emissions―from 0.43 ± 0.34 Gg yr 1 in 2000 to 1.13 ± 0.31 Gg yr 1 in 2012 (~1.9 Tg CO2-eq yr 1 based on a 100 year global warming potential of 1660). HFC-43-10mee―a cleaning solvent used in the electronics industry―is currently a minor contributor to global radiative forcing relative to total HFCs;however, our calculated emissions highlight a significant difference from the available reported figures and projected estimates.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.