Reclassification of Halomonas caseinilytica Wu et al. 2008 as a later synonym of Halomonas sinaiensis Romano et al. 2007, and emendation of the species description
Cited 2 time in
Cited 2 time in
- Reclassification of Halomonas caseinilytica Wu et al. 2008 as a later synonym of Halomonas sinaiensis Romano et al. 2007, and emendation of the species description
- Other Titles
- 할로모나스 카제이니티카(Wu et al. 2008)를 할로모나스 시나이엔시스(Romano et al. 2007)로의 종 재분류
- Hwang, Chung Yeon
Lee, Hong Kum
Lee, Won Sang
Lee, Yung Mi
Yoon, Soo J.
- 재분류; 할로모나스
- Issue Date
- Hwang, Chung Yeon, et al. 2016. "Reclassification of Halomonas caseinilytica Wu et al. 2008 as a later synonym of Halomonas sinaiensis Romano et al. 2007, and emendation of the species description". ANTONIE VAN LEEUWENHOEK INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GENERAL AND MOLECULAR MICROBIOLOGY, 109(10): 1345-1352.
- The taxonomic relationship between Halomonas sinaiensis DSM 18067T and Halomonas caseinilytica JCM 14802T has not been established, despite the high similarity (99.6 %) of their 16S rRNA gene sequences. To clarify their taxonomic positions, a polyphasic approach was applied to both type strains. Genomic relatedness analyses between H. sinaiensis DSM 18067T and H. caseinilytica JCM 14802T resulted in an average nucleotide identity of 99.5 % and an estimated DNA-DNA hybridization of 96.1 % by the genome-to-genome distance calculator, indicating that they belong to a single species. Phenotypic and chemotaxonomic characteristics showed no pronounced differences between the two type strains. Based on the results of this polyphasic study, it is proposed that H. caseinilytica JCM 14802T is a later heterotypic synonym of H. sinaiensis DSM 18067T. An emended description for the species H. sinaiensis is given.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.