Photosynthetic activity of benthic diatoms in response to different temperatures
Cited 13 time in
Cited 13 time in
- Photosynthetic activity of benthic diatoms in response to different temperatures
- Other Titles
- 온도 변화에 대한 저서규조류들의 광합성 활성 반응
- Yun, Mi Sun
Lee, Sang Heon
Chung, Ik Kyo
- Biotechnology & Applied Microbiology; Marine & Freshwater Biology
- Benthic diatoms; Chlorophyll fluorescence; Photosynthesis; SA/V ratio; Temperature
- Issue Date
- Springer Netherlands
- Yun, Mi Sun, Lee, Sang Heon, Chung, Ik Kyo. 2009. "Photosynthetic activity of benthic diatoms in response to different temperatures". Journal of Applied Phycology, 22: 559-562.
- The photosynthetic activities of benthic diatoms in response to temperature changes were assessed by measuring chlorophyll fluorescence kinetics. Small benthic diatom species with large surface area to volume (SA/V) ratios responded to increasing temperature differently from large diatoms, since larger ratios caused lower photosynthetic activity under high-temperature conditions. The small SA/V ratios of large cells may be advantageous in benthic environments under adverse conditions such as high temperature and/or strong light. A size-dependent differential response of benthic diatoms to changes in environmental factors such as temperature may result in an altered distribution of the different diatom communities.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.