2D timedomain acousticelastic coupled modeling: a cellbased finitedifference method
Cited 16 time in
Cited 17 time in
- 2D timedomain acousticelastic coupled modeling: a cellbased finitedifference method
- Other Titles
- 유한차분법을 이용한 음향파-탄성파의 2차원 결합 모델링
- Seung-Chul Lim
- acoustic-elastic coupled model; cell-based; finite-difference method; fluid-solid interface; time domain
- Issue Date
- The Association of Korean Geocience and Springer 2009
- Seung-Chul Lim, et al. 2009. "2D timedomain acousticelastic coupled modeling: a cellbased finitedifference method". GEOSCIENCES JOURNAL, 13(4): 407-414.
- To describe wave propagation in a fluid-solid environment which is usually encountered during marine seismic exploration, we design a time-domain acoustic-elastic coupled modeling algorithm based on the cell-based finite-difference method. The cell-based method has proven to delineate stress-free conditions correctly at the free surface with just changes in the material properties, which indicates that it can also properly deal with subsurface interface boundaries. In the acoustic-elastic coupled modeling, we first compose finite differences individually for the acoustic and elastic media;we then combine the differences using fluid-solid interface boundary conditions. Numerical experiments show that the cell-based coupled modeling algorithm gives solutions compatible with analytic solutions and that it properly describes S- and converted waves as well as P-waves. Applying the cell-based coupled modeling algorithm to a slope model, we confirm that our coupled modeling algorithm describes irregular interfaces properly, although it employs a staircase approximation of them.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.