Long-term trends of mesospheric temperatures over Kiruna (68N, 21E) during 2003-2014
Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
- Long-term trends of mesospheric temperatures over Kiruna (68N, 21E) during 2003-2014
- Other Titles
- 키루나 상공 중간권 온도의 2003-2014년동안 장기 변화 경향
- Gawon Kim
Yong Ha Kim
- Geochemistry & Geophysics; Meteorology & Atmospheric Sciences
- Climate change; Mesospheric temperature; OH airglow; Rotational temperature
- Issue Date
- Gawon Kim, et al. 2017. "Long-term trends of mesospheric temperatures over Kiruna (68N, 21E) during 2003-2014". JOURNAL OF ATMOSPHERIC AND SOLAR-TERRESTRIAL PHYSICS, 161(0): 83-87.
- We have analyzed mesospheric temperatures from OH airglow measurements with a Fourier Transform Spectrometer (FTS) in the period of 2003？2014 at Kiruna (68°N, 21°E). We have derived the seasonal variation, solar response and long-term variation of mesospheric temperatures over Kiruna. In addition, FTS temperatures show signals of sudden stratospheric warming (SSW). After removing the estimated solar response of 5.0 ± 1.5 K/100SFU, we find the long-term trend of ？2.6 ± 1.5 K/decade, indicating a weak cooling trend at the high latitude. We discuss our results by comparing with those of Microwave Limb Sounder (MLS) instrument on board Aura satellite.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.