Complete genome of a metabolically-diverse marine bacterium Shewanella japonica KCTC 22435T
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Complete genome of a metabolically-diverse marine bacterium Shewanella japonica KCTC 22435T
- Other Titles
- Shewanella japonica KCTC 22435T 균주의 전장유전체
- Kim, Kyung Mo
Kim, Byung Kwon
- Genetics & Heredity; Marine & Freshwater Biology
- Complete genome; Microbial Fuel Cell; Shewanella japonica
- Issue Date
- Kim, Kyung Mo, et al. 2017. "Complete genome of a metabolically-diverse marine bacterium Shewanella japonica KCTC 22435T". MARINE GENOMICS, 35(0): 39-42.
- Shewanella japonica KCTC 22435T is a facultatively anaerobic, Gram-negative, mesophilic, rod-shaped bacterium isolated from sea water at the Pacific Institute of Bio-organic Chemistry of the Marine Experimental Station, Troitza Bay, Gulf of Peter the Great, Russia. Here, we report the complete genome of S. japonica KCTC 22435T, which consists of 4,975,677 bp (G + C content of 40.80%) with a single chromosome, 4036 protein-coding genes, 97 tRNAs and 8 rRNA operons. Genes detected in the genome reveal that the strain possesses a type II secretion system, cytochrome c family proteins with various numbers of heme-binding motifs, and metabolic pathways for utilizing diverse carbon sources, supporting the potential of KCTC 22435T to generate electricity in salinity culture conditions.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.