Identification and characterization of fluid escape structures (pockmarks) in the Estremadura Spur, West Iberian Margin
Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
- Identification and characterization of fluid escape structures (pockmarks) in the Estremadura Spur, West Iberian Margin
- Other Titles
- Iberian Margin 서쪽, Estremadura Spu에서의 pockmar 구조 발견 및 특성 파악
- D. Duarte
- Estremadura Spur; Fluid migration; Pockmarks
- Issue Date
- D. Duarte, et al. 2017. "Identification and characterization of fluid escape structures (pockmarks) in the Estremadura Spur, West Iberian Margin". MARINE AND PETROLEUM GEOLOGY, 82(0): 414-423.
- The analysis of the seismic profiles allowed the identification of six seismic units, disturbed by the migration and accumulation of fluids. The Estremadura Spur outer shelf has been affected by several episodes of fluid migration and fluid escape during the Pliocene-Quaternary that are expressed by a vast number of seabed and buried pockmarks. At present, the pockmarks are mainly inactive, as the seabed pockmarks are covered by recent sediments. It is concluded that the migration of fluids to the seabed occurred over the Pliocene-Quaternary, as indicated by the buried pockmarks at different depths below the seabed. The vertical stacking of various pockmarks suggests a cyclical fluid flow activity that can possibly be the result of the eustatic sea level variations and the subsequent changes of the hydrostatic pressure.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.