Rhodococcus aerolatus sp. nov., isolated from subarctic rainwater
Cited 12 time in
Cited 12 time in
- Rhodococcus aerolatus sp. nov., isolated from subarctic rainwater
- Other Titles
- 아북극 빗물에서 분리한 신종 Rhodococcus aerolatus 연구
- Hwang, Chung Yeon
Lee, Hong Kum
Rhee, Tae Siek
Yang, Yoon Y.
Lee, Yung Mi
- Rhodococcus aerolatus; 베링해; 빗물; 아북극
- Issue Date
- Hwang, Chung Yeon, et al. 2015. "Rhodococcus aerolatus sp. nov., isolated from subarctic rainwater". INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY, 65: 465-471.
- A Gram-stain-positive, rod-shaped and non-motile strain, designated PAMC 27367T, was isolated from rainwater collected on the Bering Sea. Analysis of the 16S rRNA gene sequence of the strain showed an affiliation with the genus Rhodococcus. Phylogenetic analyses revealed that strain PAMC 27367T formed a robust clade with the type strains of Rhodococcus rhodnii, Rhodococcus aetherivorans and Rhodococcus ruber with 16S rRNA gene sequence similarities of 96.3 %, 95.8% and 95.5 %, respectively. Cells of the strain grew optimally at 25 6C and at pH 6.5？7.0 in the presence of 0？2% (w/v) sea salts. The major polar lipids were diphosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphatidylinositol, phosphatidylinositol mannoside and three unknown phospholipids. The major cellular fatty acids (.10 %) were iso-C16 : 0, C17 : 1v8c and 10-methyl C17 : 0. Cell wall analysis showed that strain PAMC 27367T contained meso-diaminopimelic acid. The genomic DNA G+C content was 77.1 mol%. Based on the phylogenetic, chemotaxonomic and phenotypic data presented here, we propose a novel species with the name Rhodococcus aerolatus sp. nov., with PAMC 27367T (5KCTC 29240T5JCM 19485T) as the type strain.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.