Sejongia marina sp. nov., isolated from Antarctic seawater
Cited 13 time in
Cited 13 time in
- Sejongia marina sp. nov., isolated from Antarctic seawater
- Other Titles
- 남극해수로부터 Sejongia 속에 속하는 신종 미생물의 다상분류법에 의한 분류
- Lee, Kiyoung
Lee, Hong Kum
- 16S rRNA gene; Antarctic; Flavobacteriaceae; Sejongia marina
- Issue Date
- Lee, Kiyoung, et al. 2007. "Sejongia marina sp. nov., isolated from Antarctic seawater". International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, 57(12): 2917-2921.
- A Gram-negative, psychrotolerant, chemoheterotrophic, aerobic, non-gliding, non-motile, yellow-pigmented bacterium, designated IMCC3228T, was isolated from coastal seawater of the Antarctic. On the basis of 16S rRNA gene sequence comparisons, the strain was most closely related to the genera Sejongia (95.3？96.1 %) and Chryseobacterium (94.2？95.9 %) in the family Flavobacteriaceae. Phylogenetic trees generated using several treeing algorithms based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that this Antarctic marine isolate formed a distinct phyletic line within the genus Sejongia. The DNA G+C content of the strain was 35.0 mol% and the major respiratory quinone was MK-6. Several phenotypic and chemotaxonomic characteristics, including temperature and NaCl optima for growth, oxidase activity and the proportions of major cellular fatty acids, served to differentiate the strain from the recognized species of the genus Sejongia. Therefore strain IMCC3228T represents a novel species of the genus Sejongia, for which the name Sejongia marina sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is IMCC3228T (5KCCM 42689T5NBRC 103143T).
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.