Determination of the Minimal Sequence Required for Antifreeze Activity of Type I Antifreeze Protein (AFP37)
Cited 2 time in
Cited 3 time in
- Determination of the Minimal Sequence Required for Antifreeze Activity of Type I Antifreeze Protein (AFP37)
- Jung, Woongsic
Park, Kyoung Sun
Shin, Song Yub
Kim, Hak Jun
- Antifreeze protein; Thermal hysteresis; Type I antifreeze protein(AFP
- Issue Date
- Jung, Woongsic, et al. 2010. "Determination of the Minimal Sequence Required for Antifreeze Activity of Type I Antifreeze Protein (AFP37)". BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, 31(12): 3791-3793.
- In order to elucidate the minimal sequence required for antifreeze activity of AFP 37, we synthesized a series of N- and C-terminal truncated peptides of AFP 37 with the central two Thr residues (Thr-13 and Thr-24) (Table 1). These truncated peptides (AFP 34, AFP 32, AFP 30, AFP 28, AFP 26, AFP 24, AFP 22 and AFP 20) were synthesized by a stepwise deletion of one residue or two residues from N- and C-terminus of AFP 37. Table 2 summarizes the thermal hysteresis values obtained with a series of truncated peptides of AFP 37. AFP 37, AFP 34, AFP 32, AFP 30 and AFP 28 show a linear dependence of the antifreeze activity on the concentrations of the peptides. AFP 34, AFP 32, AFP 30 and AFP 28 preserved 99.1%, 62.6%,56.16% and 15.9%thermal hysteresis activity of the wild type AFP (AFP 37) at a peptide concentration of 40 mg/mL, respectively. However, a significant hysteresis was not observed with any of the AFP 26, AFP24, AFP22 and AFP 20 at 40 mg/mL (data not shown). These results suggested that the minimalsequence required for antifreeze activity is from residue 5 toresidue 32 of AFP 37 (AFP 28).
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.