Detection of long period seismic events by using a portable gravity meter, gPhone
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Detection of long period seismic events by using a portable gravity meter, gPhone
- Other Titles
- 이동식 중력계(gPhone)를 활용한 장주기 지진 이벤트 관측
- Lee, Won Sang
Yoo, Hyun Jae
- Double frequency microseisms; Teleseismic earthquake; gPhone
- Issue Date
- Lee, Won Sang, et al. 2015. "Detection of long period seismic events by using a portable gravity meter, gPhone". Journal of the Korean Geophysical Society, 18(1): 31-34.
- A gravity meter has been used for exploring subsurface mineral resources and monitoring long-period events such as Earth tides. Recently, researchers found several other intriguing features that we could even detect large teleseismic earthquakes and monitor seismic ambient noise using gravimeters. The zero-length spring suspension technology gives the gPhone (Micro-g LaCoste) excellent low frequency sensitivity, which may have implications for investigating much longer-period natural events (e.g., Earth’s hum, tsunami waves, etc.). In this study, we present preliminary results through temporary operation of the gPhone at Geumsan in South Korea for 9 months (Nov. 2008-Jul. 2009). The gPhone successfully recorded large teleseismic events and showed a clear seasonal variation of the Double frequency microseisms during its operation period.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.