Notes on freshwater and terrestrial algae from Ny-Alesund, Svalbard (high Arctic sea area)
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Notes on freshwater and terrestrial algae from Ny-Alesund, Svalbard (high Arctic sea area)
- Kim, Gwang Hoon
- Physical Geography; Geology
- Algae; Freshwater; Ny-Alesund; Svalbard; Terrestrial
- Issue Date
- Kim, Gwang Hoon, T. Kochkova, Kang, Sung-Ho. 2008. "Notes on freshwater and terrestrial algae from Ny-Alesund, Svalbard (high Arctic sea area)". Journal of Environmental Biology, 29(4): 485-491.
- Field survey of algae and cyanobacteria from terrestrial and freshwater habitats in the vicinity of arctic Ny-Alesund, Svalbard (79 degrees N) (high Arctic sea area) was performed in June 2006. Species diversity and abundance were evaluated by using epifluorescence microscopy and culturing methods. In total, 29 taxa in 25 genera were identified, of which Leptolyngbya spp., Trichormus sp. and Chlamydomonas nivalis were abundantly present in-almost every sample. In several locations, blooms were formed by species C. nivalis, Scotiellopsis sp., Klebsormidium flaccidum, Zygnema sp., Meridion circulare, Tabellaria fenestrata and Fragilaria sp. Eleven new species from this locality are described.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.