Enhancement of the Stability and Solubility of Prodigiosin Using β-Cyclodextrin in Seawater
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Enhancement of the Stability and Solubility of Prodigiosin Using β-Cyclodextrin in Seawater
- Other Titles
- β-Cyclodextrin을 이용한 해수에서의 Prodigiosin의 안정성과 용해도 향상
- Kim, Tai Kyoung
Yim, Joung Han
Han, Se Jong
- Algicidal activity; Chattonella antiqua; Cyclodextrin; Inclusion complex; Prodigiosin
- Issue Date
- Kim, Tai Kyoung, et al. 2012. "Enhancement of the Stability and Solubility of Prodigiosin Using β-Cyclodextrin in Seawater". Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, 27: 109-113.
- This research was to examine the effects of various cyclodextrins on the solubility and stability of prodigiosin in seawater. Among them, β-cyclodextrin was found to have the best efficiency and formation of the inclusion complex was saturated when prodigiosin and β-cyclodextrin were mixed in a ratio of 1：8 and shaken at 25℃ and pH 8.0 for 6 h. The maximum algicidal activity against Chattonella antiqua using the inclusion complex stored at 4℃ for 5 weeks of culture was obtained, 52.28 ± 3.41%,which was about 5.0 fold higher than that of control. Our results suggest that inclusion complexes of prodigiosin and β-cyclodextrin could serve as effective algicidal agents.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.