Spreading ridge-trench interaction on the continental marginaround Anvers Island, Antarctic Peninsula
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Spreading ridge-trench interaction on the continental marginaround Anvers Island, Antarctic Peninsula
- Other Titles
- 남극반도 엔버스섬 부근 대륙주변부에서의 확장해령과 해구의 상호작용
- Hong, Jong Kuk
Jin, Young Keun
- Antarctic Peninsula; continental margin; ridge-trench collision; tectonic; seismic
- Issue Date
- Hong, Jong Kuk, Jin, Young Keun. 2007. "Spreading ridge-trench interaction on the continental marginaround Anvers Island, Antarctic Peninsula". The Geological Society Of Korea, 43(4): 315-321.
- Using seismic data obtained on the Antarctic Peninsula continental margin around Anvers Island, we examined effect of spreading ridge-trench collision to tectonic evolution in the margin. The mid-shelf basement high (MSBH) formed by thermal effect of the subducted ridge had played a role in controlling continental shelf and slope morphology and sedimentation. From southwest to northeast in the study area, the width of MSBH generally increases, whereas the width of shelf sedimentary basin and the dip of continental slope decreases. Near the C Fracture Zone, it is interpreted that the high MSBH formed by recent thermal uplift could have blocked seaward advance of glacial sedimentary process.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.