Antioxidant Activity and Contents of Bioactive Components in Polar Microalgae
Cited 0 time in
Cited 5 time in
- Antioxidant Activity and Contents of Bioactive Components in Polar Microalgae
- Other Titles
- 극지미세조류의 유용성분 함량 및 항산화 활성
- Kwon, Taeyeon
Ha, Tae Youl
- microalgae; tocopherol; ABTS; DPPH
- Issue Date
- Kwon, Taeyeon, et al. 2006. "Antioxidant Activity and Contents of Bioactive Components in Polar Microalgae". Korea Institute of Ocean Science & Technology, 28(1): 37-43.
- In this study, bioactive components such as polyohenols, flavonoids and tocopherols were determined in cultured polar microalgae (Fragilariopsis pseudonana, Chaetoceros neogracile, Stellarima microtrias, Porosiara pseudodenticular). Antioxidant activity of methanol extracts of polar microalgae was also investigated. a-Tocopherol contents of Fragilariopsis pseudonana were almost two times higher than those of Chaetoceros neogracile. The antioxidant activity of methanol extracts of Fragilariopsis pseudonana determined by ABTS assay was higher than other algae. Total polyphenol contents of methanol extracts also showed a similar trend as antioxidant activity. The protective activity against oxidative damages induced by glutamate in PC 12 cells was shown in only Chaetoceros neogracile.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.