Comparing the analytical methods to measure aeolian mineral dust in polar snow
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Comparing the analytical methods to measure aeolian mineral dust in polar snow
- Other Titles
- 극지 눈시료의 불용성 입자 측정을 위한 분석 방법 비교
- Kim, Choyi
- Dust; Particle
- Issue Date
- Kim, Choyi, Kang, Jung-Ho, Hwang, Heejin. 2014. Comparing the analytical methods to measure aeolian mineral dust in polar snow. 한국분석과학회. 일산 KINTEX. 2014.06.11~2014.06.13.
- Aeolian mineral dust plays an important role in the climate system as well as in terrestrial and marine ecosystems. The dust input influences the direct and indirect radiative forcing processes and provides nutrients. The atmospheric mineral dust deposited on polar ice sheets through the long-range atmospheric transport and deposition processes. The aerosol dust mainly composed of insoluble mineral particles, which are measured the concentration and size distribution using two different methods: the coulter counting and the laser sensor counting technique. Here we compared the coulter counter and the laser sensor counter to measure insoluble microparticles in the snow collected from northwest Greenland (72°26’N, 51°03’W). The coulter counter analysis use Multisizer™3 with a 50 μm orifice (Beakman Coulter). The particle measuring system based on lase detection is Syringe® with LDS23/25bs (Markus Klotz GmbH). The methods correlations of dust concentration with the concentrations od major ions and trace metals were also investigated.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- 일산 KINTEX
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.