Seasonal Evolution of Ice Mass in Antarctic Peninsular recovered by GRACE data after removing correlation errors
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Seasonal Evolution of Ice Mass in Antarctic Peninsular recovered by GRACE data after removing correlation errors
- Other Titles
- 상관 에러가 제거된 그레이스 자료를 통해 획득한 남극 반도의 계절적 질량 변화
- Eom, Jooyoung
- Issue Date
- Eom, Jooyoung, et al. 2016. Seasonal Evolution of Ice Mass in Antarctic Peninsular recovered by GRACE data after removing correlation errors. AGU Fall Meeting 2016. Moscone Center West, 800 Howard St.. 2016.12.12~2016.12.16.
- Since 2002, the Gravity Recovery And Climate Experiment (GRACE) has delivered monthly gravity solutions after removing effects from tides, ocean dynamics and barometric pressure using geophysical models. However, incompleteness of the models causes aliasing errors containing peculiar longitudinal stripes. Those north-south patterns have been corrected by a spatial filter, but caution is necessary for the correction because signals with longitudinal patterns are possibly removed during the procedure. This would be particularly problematic for recovering ice mass signals in Antarctic Peninsula which is elongated along the north-south direction. In this study, we suggest an effective filter to reduce the correlation error using extended Empirical Orthogonal Function (EOF). The extended EOF is useful to separate spatially and temporally coherent signal, and thus much of the correlation error can be suppressed with less signal attenuation. After the extended EOF filtering, we can find month-to-month evolution of ice mass signals in the Peninsular.
- Conference Name
- AGU Fall Meeting 2016
- Conference Place
- Moscone Center West, 800 Howard St.
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.