Landslides on the Eastern Slope of Sakhalin Island as Possible Tsunami Sources
Cited 5 time in
Cited 5 time in
- Landslides on the Eastern Slope of Sakhalin Island as Possible Tsunami Sources
- B. V. Baranov
K. A. Dozorova
Jin, Young Keun
A. B. Rabinovich
E. A. Kulikov
L. I. Lobkovskii
- SSGH project; Sakhalin Slope; landslides; sesimic; tsunami sources
- Issue Date
- Pleiades Publishing, Ltd
- B. V. Baranov, et al. 2013. "Landslides on the Eastern Slope of Sakhalin Island as Possible Tsunami Sources". DOKLADY EARTH SCIENCES, 449(1): 354-357.
- An underwater landslide located in the central part of the eastern slope of Sakhalin Island was found and mapped during investigations under the auspices of the Korean？ Russian Project Sakhalin Slope Gas Hydrates (SSGH). The peculiarities of the study region structure together with the expected seismic intensity of grade 8 give grounds to suppose the probability of further destruction of the depression slopes and formation of landslides of different volumes. In this case, the tsunami can be a hazard for the central part of the eastern coast of Sakhalin, where the infrastructure is currently intensively developed in relation to the prospecting of oil and gas resources within the Sakhalin？ 2 Project.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.