Characteristics of mesozooplankton sound-scattering layer in the Pacific Summer Water, Arctic Ocean
Cited 7 time in
Cited 8 time in
- Characteristics of mesozooplankton sound-scattering layer in the Pacific Summer Water, Arctic Ocean
- Other Titles
- 북극해 중형동물플랑크톤 음향산란층의 분포 특성
- Kang, Myounghee
Chung, Kyung Ho
Kim, Young Nam
Yang, Eun Jin
Ha, Ho Kyung
- Arctic Ocean; Arctic copepod; Canada Basin; Eddy; Pacific Summer Water; Sound-scattering layer
- Issue Date
- Kang, Myounghee, et al. 2015. "Characteristics of mesozooplankton sound-scattering layer in the Pacific Summer Water, Arctic Ocean". DEEP-SEA RESEARCH PART II-TOPICAL STUDIES IN OCEANOGRAPHY, 120(1): 114-123.
- This study investigated the variations in the sound-scatteringlayer(SSL) that were reflected from the mesozooplankton communities around the Northwind Ridge in the western Arctic Ocean.A multi-frequency acoustic survey was conducted to reveal the SSL distribution dominated by Arctic copepodsin the early summer of 2010.The SSL distribution was well correlated with the salinity,nutrients and chlorophyll a (chl-a) associated with the features of the Pacific Summer Water(PSW).TheSSL was observed primarily in the upper most100m of the PSW,which provided a desirable habitat for Arctic copepods due to high nutrients and phytoplankton biomass.The highest density SSL was observed in the eddy-like structure of the PSW,which is most likely because of the high nutrients and chl-a. High regional densities in the SSL indicated that Arctic copepods provide a large portion of the biomass and contribution to the foodwebs in the PSW,in the western Arctic Ocean.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.