Sr-Nd-Pb isotopic systematics of the Kovdor phoscorite-carbonatite complex, Kola Alkaline Province, NW Russia: Implication for plume-related source characteristics
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Sr-Nd-Pb isotopic systematics of the Kovdor phoscorite-carbonatite complex, Kola Alkaline Province, NW Russia: Implication for plume-related source characteristics
- Other Titles
- Kovdor 포스코라이트-카보나타이트 복합체에 대한 Sr-Nd-Pb 동위원소 연구
Lee, Jong Ik
Hur, Soon Do
Lee, Mi Jung
- Fozo; Kovdor; Sr-Nd-Pb isotope; ultramafic-alkaline-carbonatit
- Issue Date
- J.Moutte, et al. 2004. Sr-Nd-Pb isotopic systematics of the Kovdor phoscorite-carbonatite complex, Kola Alkaline Province, NW Russia: Implication for plume-related source characteristics. 한국암석학회. 한국암석학회. 2004.05.28~.
- Sr-Nd-Pb isotopic compositions from the Kovdor complex (380 Ma) in the Kola Alkaline Province, NW Russia, have been determined to define the possible mantle components responsible for the formation of ultramafic-alkaline-carbonatite magmas.
Measured rocks plot in the depleted mantle quadrant of the Nd-Sr correlation diagram with negative eSt(t) (-5.4 to -12.2) and positive eNd(t) (1.0 to 4.7). Combined with the previous results, the fairly large range of isotopic compositions of Kovdor rocks is not in favor of a simple, closed system magmatic evolution
it suggests a complex evolution implying several magma batches derived either from an isotopically heterogeneous mantle source or from various mixing proportions of two mantle reservoirs. Two end members (KCL, by Kramme, 1993) have been suggested to explain the isotopic compositions of the Kola ultramafic-alkaline rocks and carbonatites
One is the EM I component and the other is the DM component. However, our new Pb isotopic data suggest an involvement of fairly different component from the DM, which is relatively primitive isotopic component, probably derived from a lower-mantle plume. Though the Pb isotope data are still very insufficient in the Kola Alkaline Province, the present data from the Kovdor complex suggest that one end-member of isotopically primitive component should be similar to that of 'FOZO' component, derived from the lower mantle reservoir, the so-called '5th component' in mantle plumes. Thus we propose that a Devonian equivalent of 'FOZO' component represents one of the mantle sources responsible for the formation of the ultramafic-alkaline-carbonatite complexes in the Kola Alkaline Province.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.