Mantle heterogeneity beneath the Phoenix ridge in the Drake Passage, Antarctica
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Mantle heterogeneity beneath the Phoenix ridge in the Drake Passage, Antarctica
- Other Titles
- 남극 드레이크해협내의 피닉스 해령 하부 맨틀의 이질성
- Lee, Jong Ik
Choi, Sung Hi
- Antarctica; Phoenix Ridge; heterogeneity
- Issue Date
- Lee, Jong Ik, Choi, Sung Hi, 최원희. 2007. Mantle heterogeneity beneath the Phoenix ridge in the Drake Passage, Antarctica. KOPRI. KOPRI. 2007.05.15~.
- We determined Sr, Nd and Pb isotopic compositions for basalts recovered from the fossilized Phoenix Ridge in the Drake Passage, Antarctica, in order to understand the nature of sub-ridge mantle source. We observe that small scale isotopic heterogeneity does exist at shallow level in the sub-axial mantle of the Phoenix Ridge, being distant from any known hotspots. Extinction of the Phoenix Ridge is likely to lead decreasing extent of partial melting in this region. We interpret that geochemically enriched materials dispersed in ambient depleted mantle were the first fraction to melt for generating the studied enriched mid-ocean ridge basalts (E-MORB) represented by relatively small extents of melt of enriched mantle source
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.