Geophysical investigations of P3 segment of the Phoenix Ridge in Drake Passage,Antarctica
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Geophysical investigations of P3 segment of the Phoenix Ridge in Drake Passage,Antarctica
- Other Titles
- 남극 드레이크해협 P3 피닉스해령의 지구물리 연구
Jin, Young Keun
Hong, Jong Kuk
- P3 of Pheonix Ridge; Antarctica; Drake Passage; geophyscial survey; seafloor spreading
- Issue Date
- 김규중, et al. 2007. Geophysical investigations of P3 segment of the Phoenix Ridge in Drake Passage,Antarctica. USGS. USGS. 2007.08.29~.
- During the KARP 99/00 cruise, new swath bathymetry, gravity, and magnetic data were obtained in the P3
segment of the Phoenix Ridge in Drake Passage, Antarctica. The detailed bathymetry (including a deep valley, a
2500 m-high seamount, seabed faults and depressions) suggests that spreading rates in P3 varied with time, from an
intermediate rate off the ridge axis to a slow rate when spreading ceased. Mantle Bouger anomalies reveal that several
gravity lows are associated with the seamount and both flanks of the P3 axial valley, and that highs are found at the junction of the ridge axis and the Hero Fracture Zone. A synthetic magnetic model indicates that the positive anomaly
on the axial seamount probably results from the seamount eruption and that it post-dates spreading. By removing the seamount effect, the cessation of P3 spreading is interpreted at about 3.6 Ma, earlier than the 3.3 Ma of previous studies.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.