2005 CHAOS EXPEDITION ON THE HYDRATE-BEARING STRUCTURES WITHIN THE SEA OF OKHOTSK
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- 2005 CHAOS EXPEDITION ON THE HYDRATE-BEARING STRUCTURES WITHIN THE SEA OF OKHOTSK
- Other Titles
- 오호츠크해의 가스하이드레이트 함유구조에 대한 2005 CHAOS 탐사
- L. Mazurenko
CHAOS Scientific Party
Jin, Young Keun
- CHAOS; Sea of Okhotsk; gas hydrate
- Issue Date
- L. Mazurenko, et al. 2007. 2005 CHAOS EXPEDITION ON THE HYDRATE-BEARING STRUCTURES WITHIN THE SEA OF OKHOTSK. KIT. KIT. 2007.04.01~.
- The Sea of Okhotsk is the unique area providing the highest methane production rate of the northern hemisphere. The area of focused fluid venting offshore the NE Sakhalin continental slope was investigated during the CHAOS (Hydro-Carbon Hydrate Accumulations in the Okhotsk Sea) expeditions onboard of RV \\'Akademik Lavrentyev\\' in 2003, 2005 and 2006. The International Research Project CHAOS (Russia-Korea-Japan) aimed at the study of gas hydrate formation processes associated with the fluid venting in the Sea of Okhotsk. Several new gas hydrate accumulations were discovered during the cruise. Hydrate-associated structures have been named as KOPRI, VNIIOkeangeologia, POI and KIT (the names of cruise participant institutes). Some of hydrate-bearing cores contain big amount of gas hydrates: massive gas hydrate layers (up to 35 cm thick) were recovered. The shallowest submarine gas hydrate accumulations in the world (at the depth less then 400 m) were discovered during the cruise.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.