Functional Expression and Refolding of Recombinant Chitinase, Chi21702 from Antarctic Bacterium Sanguibater sp. KCTC 10714
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Functional Expression and Refolding of Recombinant Chitinase, Chi21702 from Antarctic Bacterium Sanguibater sp. KCTC 10714
- Other Titles
- 남극 세균 Sanguibater sp. KCTC 10714에서 유래한 재조합 키틴분해효소의 과발현과 활성 회복
- Kim, Dockyu
Yim, Joung Han
Park, Ha Ju
- Endochitinase; Functiona expression; Psychrotrophic; Refolding; Sanguibater
- Issue Date
- Kim, Dockyu, et al. 2008. Functional Expression and Refolding of Recombinant Chitinase, Chi21702 from Antarctic Bacterium Sanguibater sp. KCTC 10714. 한국미생물학회. 한국미생물학회. 2008.05.16~.
- A psychrotrophic Sanguibater sp. strain KCTC 10714 has been previously isolated from sea sand on King Sejong Station in Antarctica. An endochitinase gene, designated chi21702, from KCTC 10714 was PCR- amplified, cloned into pEXP5-CT/TOPO vector, and overexpressed in Eschrichia coli BL21(DE3). The production of recombinant chitinase (Chi21702) was detected in the heterologous expression system, the size of which was determined to be approximately 56 kDa. However, most of Chi21702 was converted to inclusion body which lost the chitinase activity against chitin. In next step, refolding experiment for the inert chitinase was carried out using a various refolding methods. As a result, the refolding conditions, such as temperature (4 ℃) and buffer components (EPPS, a mixture of reduced and oxidized gluthationes
pH8.0), for the chitinase in inclusion body were determined. The refolded Chi21702 restored its chitinase activity (16.5 U/mg/hr), which was almost same as that of the original form in KCTC 10714.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.