Geophysical investigation of methane seeps on the NE Sakhalin continental slope, Sea of Okhotsk
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Geophysical investigation of methane seeps on the NE Sakhalin continental slope, Sea of Okhotsk
- Other Titles
- 오호츠크해 북동사할린 대륙사면에 나타나는 메탄분출구에 대한 지구물리탐사
- Jin, Young Keun
SSGH scientific Party
- acoustic; gas chimney; gas flare; gas hydrate; methane seep
- Issue Date
- Jin, Young Keun, SSGH scientific Party. 2008. Geophysical investigation of methane seeps on the NE Sakhalin continental slope, Sea of Okhotsk. 한국지구물리물리탐사학회. 한국지구물리물리탐사학회. 2008.10.09~.
- During CHAOS (2003, 2006) and SSGH projects (2007), acoustic
investigation including hydroacoustic (HA), side-scan sonar (SSS) and highresolution sparker seismic (HSS) surveys was carried out on the northeastern Sakhalin slope (53°56' N, 143°52' E to 54°40' N, 144°32' E). More than 130 methane seeps with high backscatter intensity are identified on SSS mosaic, which are well accompanied with gas flares in the water column on HA profiles and subbottom gas chimneys on HSS profiles. It is likely that that some seeps align along a NW strike parallel to the Lavrentiev Fault.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.