Enrichment of cold-active protease-producing bacteria from Arctic terrestrial and marine samples
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Enrichment of cold-active protease-producing bacteria from Arctic terrestrial and marine samples
- Other Titles
- 저온활성 단백질분해효소 분비세균의 분리
- Yim, Joung Han
Cho, Kyeung Hee
Hong, Soon Gyu
Kim, Eun Hye
Lee, Hong Kum
- enrichment; protease
- Issue Date
- Yim, Joung Han, et al. 2009. Enrichment of cold-active protease-producing bacteria from Arctic terrestrial and marine samples. 한국미생물학회. 한국미생물학회. 2009.05.29~.
- Protease-producing bacterial strains were isolated by enrichment in 0.1X NA or ZoBell semi-solid agar medium supplemented with pork pieces at 4
C for 6 months. Thirty eight and 51 strains were isolated from Arctic terrestrial and marine samples, respectively. Optimal temperature for growth ranged between 4
C and 30
C depending on the strains. Protease secretion was observed in 48 strains, forming hydrolytic zone on solid media supplemented with skim milk. They were included in Pseudoalteromonas (33 strains), Pseudomonas (10 strains), Arthrobacter (4 strains), and Flavobacterium (1 strain). Protease secretion was higher at 4
C than at 20
C in most strains. From these results, it is concluded that bacterial strains producing cold-active protease could be effectively enriched by long-term incubation at 4
C in semi-solid agar medium.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.