Physiological traits of free-floating green alga (Ulva linza) in response to temperature and irradiance
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Physiological traits of free-floating green alga (Ulva linza) in response to temperature and irradiance
- Other Titles
- 온도에 대한 Ulva linza의 생리적 특성
- Ulva linza
- Issue Date
- 김주형, et al. 2010. Physiological traits of free-floating green alga (Ulva linza) in response to temperature and irradiance. 한국조류학회. 한국조류학회. 2010.04.29~.
- Ulva linza were collected from the coastal water off the southwest of Korea in July 2009. Photosynthesis, growth and tissue nutrient contents of both the late stage vegetation (LSV) and the early stage vegetation (ESV) at various temperature and irradiance conditions were investigated in the laboratory. In the short-term (1 h) irradiance and temperature acclimation, the maximum gross photosynthetic rate (PBmax) and photosynthetic efficiency (a) of. ESV were higher than those of LSV. With respect to irradiance and temperature, gross photosynthetic rate of ESV was significantly higher than that of LSV in the long-term incubation (7 d). ESV showed the ca. 60% and 20% of weight increased over the growth saturation irradiance (136μmol photons m-2s-1) and under low temperature conditions (10-15℃). Nitrogen utilization efficiency of ESV was high
it means this alga proliferates quickly the weight. The production and respiration ratios of LSV were low over the ranges of optimum growth temperature and irradiance assumed. Therefore, the green tide species would be the onset cellular senescence in early July, and drift green mats cannot be prolonged any more this period.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.