Effect of carbon sources on the fed-batch production of prodigiosin by Hahella chejuensis M3349
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Effect of carbon sources on the fed-batch production of prodigiosin by Hahella chejuensis M3349
- Other Titles
- Hahella chejuensis M3349에 의한 프로디지오신의 유가식 생산에서 탄소원의 영향
- Yim, Joung Han
Lee, Hong Kum
Lee, Sung Gu
Han, Se Jong
- Algicidal activity; Fed-batch; Prodigiosin; Red-tide
- Issue Date
- Yim, Joung Han, et al. 2010. Effect of carbon sources on the fed-batch production of prodigiosin by Hahella chejuensis M3349. 한국생물공학회. 한국생물공학회. 2010.04.16~.
- In order to increase prodigiosin production from Hahella chejuensis M3349, fed-batch cultures using various carbon sources were performed in 5L jar fermentor for 6 days. Cells were subjected to prodigiosin extraction using 1.2 vol. ethanol of culture broth. Concentration of prodigiosin extract was diluted to 10ppm and then algaecidal activity of diluted prodigiosin was measured against Cochlodinium polykrikodes which leads to red tides. Ultimately, prodigiosin production of 1.34, 0.77 and 2.35g/L was obtained and algaecidal activity of 93.05±2.3, 95.22±2.3 and 98.14±1.53% was confirmed when fed-batch culture was performed with sucrose, glycerol and glucose, respectively. This work shows that glucose was the best candidate for enhanced algaecidal activity and productivity of prodigiosin from Hahella chejuensis M3349 by fed-batch. [This work was supported by a grant from the Korea Polar Research Institute (PE10050 and PK09040).]
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.