Selection of an optimal organic solvent for the extraction of prodigiosin
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Selection of an optimal organic solvent for the extraction of prodigiosin
- Other Titles
- 프로디지오신의 추출을 위한 최적 유기용매의 선정
- Park, Heeyong
Han, Se Jong
Yim, Joung Han
Lee, Sung Gu
- Chatonella antiqua; Prodigiosin; Red tide; acetone
- Issue Date
- Park, Heeyong, et al. 2010. Selection of an optimal organic solvent for the extraction of prodigiosin. 한국생물공학회. 한국생물공학회. 2010.10.09~.
- To develop prodigiosin as biological control agent against Chattonella antiqua, a harmful alga that can cause red tides, selection of an organic solvent for prodigiosin extraction from culture broth was performed. Prodigiosin was extracted using nine solvents (hexane, toluene, chloroform, ethyl acetate, ethanol, methanol, acetone, acetonitrile, and seawater), and extracts were analyzed by LC-MS, As a result, acetone was regarded as an optimal organic solvent for the extraction of prodigiosin from culture broth. The amount of prodigiosin extracted with acetone was almost the same as that extracted with ethanol. Moreover, the processing time could be reduced by using acetone because it has a lower boiling point than ethanol. Considering these results, we think that acetone was a very useful extraction agent for the extraction of prodigiosin as a biological control agent. [PE10050 and PN07020]
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.