PETROLOGICAL FEATURES OF A NEW UREILITE (NWA6235) FROM FEZZOU, MOROCCO
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- PETROLOGICAL FEATURES OF A NEW UREILITE (NWA6235) FROM FEZZOU, MOROCCO
- Other Titles
- 유레일라이트(NWA6235)의 암석학적 특징
- T. Endo
D. L. Dettman
Lee, Jong Ik
- carbon isotope; differentiated meteorite; meteorite; oxygen isotope; ureilite
- Issue Date
- T. Endo, et al. 2010. PETROLOGICAL FEATURES OF A NEW UREILITE (NWA6235) FROM FEZZOU, MOROCCO. 국제운석학회. 국제운석학회. 2010.07.26~.
- A ureilite-like meteorite (NWA 6235), about 6cm x 5cm x 5cm and 216g, with a dark brown to black fusion crust, was collected at Fezzou, Morocco (30°55.68’N, 4°51.50’W). This study of petrographical analyses of NWA 6235 is based on microscopy, areal compositional mapping and mineral chemistry by EPMA (X-ray microanalyzer) and cathodoluminescence (CL). In addition, carbonaceous matter was analyzed using pyrolysis gas chromatography (py-GC) and mass spectrometry (py-GC/MS), and Raman icrospectorometric
analysis. C-N-S elemental analysis and stable carbon and oxygen isotope analyses of powdered samples were also performed. NWA 6235 consists mainly of olivine and pigeonite with minor amounts of enstatite, augite, graphite, diamond, metallic iron, iron oxide, limonite and Fe-Cr-Ni sulfide as a mesostasis. The meteorite shows ureilite texture with triple junctions between olivine grains.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.