THE WEAK THERMAL EVOLUTION OF THE PRIMITIVE HYDROUS ASTEROIDS RECORDED IN DEHYDRATED CM CARBONACEOUS CHONDRITES
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- THE WEAK THERMAL EVOLUTION OF THE PRIMITIVE HYDROUS ASTEROIDS RECORDED IN DEHYDRATED CM CARBONACEOUS CHONDRITES
- Other Titles
- CM 콘드라이트에서 보존되어 나타나는 일차함수광물을 통한 소행성에서의 열진화사
- T. Nakamura
Lee, Jong Ik
- carbonaceous chondrite; chondrite; metorite; oxygen isotope; thermal metamorphism
- Issue Date
- T. Nakamura, et al. 2010. THE WEAK THERMAL EVOLUTION OF THE PRIMITIVE HYDROUS ASTEROIDS RECORDED IN DEHYDRATED CM CARBONACEOUS CHONDRITES. 국제운석학회. 국제운석학회. 2010.07.26~.
- The variety of thermal evolution process in the primitive hydrous asteroids can be understood from the study of dehydrated carbonaceous chondrites [e. g., 1]. We are studying more than 40 samples of CM and CM-like carbonaceous chondrites in order to
identify and characterize samples having been dehydrated by heating. Synchrotron XRD analysis indicates that matrix phyllosilicates in PCA91084, Y-86695, LAR 06318, ALH 84033, DOM 03183, ALH 83100, and MIL 05152 are decomposed mainly to amorphous phases and secondary olivine and pyroxene are not crystallized. The results suggest that these samples suffered weak heating. The interpretation is confirmed by low maturation
grade of organics measured by micro-Raman spectroscopy, low analytical totals of matrices and detection of ~0.3 wt% Cr2O3 in large ferroan olivines in type-II chondrules measured by FE-EPMA. TEM observation of matrices of some samples shows that the degree of crystalline-to-amorphous transformation varies between samples and thus the temperature of heating differs between samples. Oxygen isotopic ratios of all seven samples were analyzed by laser-fluorination mass spectrometer. The results show that Y-8665, DOM 03183, ALH 83100, and MIL 05152 distribute on the CM-CO line, while PCA91084, ALH84033, and LAR06318 are plotted on the CCAM line. Based on FE-SEM and TEM observations,matrices of the latter three samples are abundant in small primary silicates: they suffered low degree of aqueous alteration.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.