A NEW R CHONDRITE (NWA 6236) FROM FEZZOU, MOROCCO
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- A NEW R CHONDRITE (NWA 6236) FROM FEZZOU, MOROCCO
- Other Titles
- Morocco Fezzou에서 발견된 R 콘드라이트(NWA6236)
- T. Endo
Lee, Jong Ik
D. L. Dettman
- R chondrite; carbon isotope; chondrite; meteorite; oxygen isotope
- Issue Date
- T. Endo, et al. 2010. A NEW R CHONDRITE (NWA 6236) FROM FEZZOU, MOROCCO. 국제운석학회. 국제운석학회. 2010.07.26~.
- An R chondrite-like meteorite (NWA 6236) was collected at Fezzou, Morocco (30°58.29’N, 4°56.99’W) in September 2005. Based on petrographical features, mineral chemistry, and oxygen isotope ratios, this meteorite shows characteristics of an R chondrite. This study of our petrographical analysis of NWA 6236 is based on microscopy and EPMA areal compositional mapping,mineral chemistry by EPMA, C, N, S abundances, stable oxygen
and carbon isotopes, and the results of cathodoluminescence (CL) and thermoluminescence (TL) measurements. This meteorite (ca. 6 x 3 x 3cm, 145g) with a dark bluishgray
fusion crust, exhibits an unbrecciated chondritic texture consisting of various types of chondrules and their fragments embedded in a recrystallized olivine-rich matrix. The chondrules are made up of porphyritic to cryptocrystalline olivine, barred olivine, and porphyritic to granular olivine and pyroxene. The size of chondrules varies from 0.1 mm to 0.9 mm in diameter.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.