Cloning in Escherichia coli of Hahella chejuensis Genes Encoding Prodigiosin Biosynthesis
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Cloning in Escherichia coli of Hahella chejuensis Genes Encoding Prodigiosin Biosynthesis
- Other Titles
- Hahella chejuensis 프로디지오신 생산 관련 유전자의 클로닝
Lee, Yoo Kyung
Lee, Hong Kum
- Hahella chejuensis; MAP; MBC; Serratia; prodigiosin
- Issue Date
- 안주용, et al. 2006. Cloning in Escherichia coli of Hahella chejuensis Genes Encoding Prodigiosin Biosynthesis. 한국미생물학회. 한국미생물학회. 2006.05.03~.
- Hahella chejuensis is a novel marine bacterium that produces the red pigment, prodigiosin. The pathway for the biosynthesis of prodigiosin in some Serratia strains has been recently suggested as a furcated pathway that terminates in the enzymatic condensation of the two final products, 4-methoxy-2,2-bipprrole-5-carboxyaldehyde (MBC) and 2-methyl-3-n-amyl-pyrrole(MAP). Full genome sequence analysis of H. chejuensis revealed important similarities between the Serratia prodigiosin biosynthesis gene cluster and several ORFs in H. chejuensis. The respective partial or whole sequences for MAP biosynthesis among those ORFs from H. chejuensis were cloned and expressed in Escherichia coli. Some clones produced the red pigment on the LB agar plate in the presence of MBC. The putative prodigiosin biosynthesis gene cluster and a scheme for the biosynthetic pathway of H. chejuensis are proposed in this study.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.