Transcriptome sequencing and De novo analysis of the Antarctic copepod Boeckella poppei
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Transcriptome sequencing and De novo analysis of the Antarctic copepod Boeckella poppei
- Other Titles
- 남극 요각류 Boeckella poppei 의 전사체 시퀀싱과 de novo 분석
- Kang, Seunghyun
Ahn, Do Hwan
- Issue Date
- Kang, Seunghyun, et al. 2015. Transcriptome sequencing and De novo analysis of the Antarctic copepod Boeckella poppei. 2015 한국해양생명과학회 학술대회. 부경대학교, 부산. 2015.04.17~2015.04.17.
- Despite their species abundance and primary economic importance, genomic information about copepods is still limited. In particular, genomic resources are lacking for the Antarctic freshwater copepod Boeckella poppei, which is a dominant species in shallow freshwater lakes located in the Antarctic Peninsula. In this study, we performed de novo transcriptome sequencing to produce a large number of expressed sequence tags for the copepod B. poppei. Using illumina sequencing, a total of 5.7 Gb were obtained, which were assembled into 42,988 high quality expressed sequence tags. Based on their sequence similarity to known proteins, about 31,160 different genes were identified. Our data provide the most comprehensive transcriptome resource available for B. poppei. This resource allowed us to identify genes associated with primary physiological processes, which facilitated the quantitative analysis of differential gene expression. These data should provide foundation for future genetic and genomic studies of this and related species.
- Conference Name
- 2015 한국해양생명과학회 학술대회
- Conference Place
- 부경대학교, 부산
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.