2010 summer snapshot of warm eddy in Canada Basin, Arctic Ocean
Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
- 2010 summer snapshot of warm eddy in Canada Basin, Arctic Ocean
- Other Titles
- 북극해 캐나다분지의 온난와류의 스냅샷
- Kim, Young Nam
Ha, Ho Kyung
Chung, Kyung Ho
Yang, Eun Jin
- Arctic Ocean; Bloom; Canada Basin; Warm eddy; Warm water intrusion
- Issue Date
- Kim, Young Nam, et al. 2010. 2010 summer snapshot of warm eddy in Canada Basin, Arctic Ocean. (사)한국해양학회. (사)한국해양학회. 2010.11.04~.
- Using the icebreaker R/V Araon, the first Arctic scientific cruise has been conducted with the multi-disciplinary purposes between July and August, 2010. Intensive physical (hydrographic) and biochemical survey data were collected from 38 stations along the Northwind Ridge (NwR) and the vicinity of western Canada Basin (CB). By analyzing the CTD castings, the warm water passing through the Bering Strait was extensively identified in the depth of ca. 30-150 m, forming the strong warm eddies. In particular, warm eddies were predominantly found near the peak of NwR and the continental slope of CB. The nutrient distribution and chlorophyll-a concentration generally matched with the location of warm eddies. Nitrate was the limiting factor of phytoplankton growth, and generally small-sized cells were mostly dominated. However, warm eddy area was characterized by large-sized cells (e.g., diatom). During the presentation, the spatial variability in specific water masses determined by temperature and salinity will be discussed by linking with the distribution of nutrient and plankton biomass. Moreover, microscopic observation and pigment analysis for phytoplankton community study will be discussed.
- Conference Name
- Conference Place
- Conference Date
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.