Taxonomic Revision of Gracilaria “verrucosa” from Russian Far East Based on Morphological and Molecular Data
Cited 11 time in
Cited 10 time in
- Taxonomic Revision of Gracilaria “verrucosa” from Russian Far East Based on Morphological and Molecular Data
- Other Titles
- 형태와 분자 자료에 근거한 러시아 동해안에 생육하는 Gracilaria “verrucosa” 의 분류학적 재검토
- Choi, Han-Gu
Anna V. Skriptsova
- Plant Sciences; Marine & Freshwater Biology
- East Sea; Gracilaria; mitochondrial cox1 sequence da; morphological charcters; plastid rbcL
- Issue Date
- Walter de Gryyter
- Choi, Han-Gu, Anna V. Skriptsova. 2009. "Taxonomic Revision of Gracilaria “verrucosa” from Russian Far East Based on Morphological and Molecular Data". Botanica Marina, 52(4): 331-340.
- Gracilaria “verrucosa” is regarded an invalid name and the combination G. gracilis has been used in recent studies of Gracilaria from the Russian coast of the East Sea (=Sea of Japan). This has created nomenclatural confusion within members of the genus in this region. Here, we revise the taxonomy of G. “verrucosa” from Peter the Great Bay (East Sea, Russia) based on a morpho-anatomical characters and comparison of nuclear SSU rDNA, plastid rbcL and mitochondrial cox1 sequence data. No differences were found between the sequences for attached and unattached forms of Gracilaria “verrucosa”. Molecular data also indicated that G. “verrucosa” from Peter the Great Bay is conspecific with Gracilaria vermiculophylla from the northwestern Pacific and the Russian population is closely related to Korean-Japanese populations from the East Sea rather than to populations on the Pacific coast of Japan.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.