Complete mitochondrial genome of the Antarctic barnacle Lepas australis (Crustacea, Maxillopoda, Cirripedia)
Cited 4 time in
Cited 4 time in
- Complete mitochondrial genome of the Antarctic barnacle Lepas australis (Crustacea, Maxillopoda, Cirripedia)
- Other Titles
- 남극 따개비 Lepas australis의 미토콘드리아 게놈 분석
- Min, Gi-Sik
- Antarctic barnacle; Cirripedia; Lepas australis
- Issue Date
- Min, Gi-Sik, et al. 2016. "Complete mitochondrial genome of the Antarctic barnacle Lepas australis (Crustacea, Maxillopoda, Cirripedia)". Mitochondrial DNA, 27(3): 1677-1678.
- We present the complete mitochondrial genome of the Antarctic barnacle Lepas australis (Cirripedia, Thoracica, Lepadidae). The genome sequence is 15,502 bp in size. Except for CO1, 12 protein-coding genes (PCGs) start with an ATN initiation codon (ATA, ATG, ATC, and ATT). Twelve PCGs were terminated with TAA or TAG stop codon, whereas ND1 possessed an incomplete termination codon (T-). We compared the genome arrangements in cirriped mitochondrial genomes and a typical arthropod was presented. The PCGs in the L. australis mt genome showed a typical gene arrangement, identical to the arthropod pattern in other cirriped genomes. However, at least 8 tRNA genes were translocated and 2 tRNA genes were inverted in the coding polarity. Unique differences in L. australis mt genome included translocation of trnS2, trnD, and trnI. These results are useful for understanding the phylogenetic relationships among cirripedians, and additional mt genome information of barnacles including the polar species would allow exploration of the thoracican relationships and mt genome modifications in the barnacle evolution.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.