Determination of the absolute configuration of chaetoviridins and other bioactive azaphilones from the endophytic fungus Chaetomium globosum
Cited 7 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Determination of the absolute configuration of chaetoviridins and other bioactive azaphilones from the endophytic fungus Chaetomium globosum
- Other Titles
- Endophytic Fungus Chaetomium globosum 으로 부터 생리활성의 아자필론 및 차에토비리딘의 완전한 구조 결정
- Youn, Ui Joung
Leng Chee Chang
John M. Pezzuto
Marisa M. Wall
Charles J. Simmons
Tamara P. Kondratyuk
- Chaetomium globosum; Wikstroemia uba-ursi; X-ray crystallography; anti-inflammatory activity; azaphilone
- Issue Date
- Youn, Ui Joung, et al. 2015. "Determination of the absolute configuration of chaetoviridins and other bioactive azaphilones from the endophytic fungus Chaetomium globosum". BIOORGANIC & MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY LETTERS, 25(21): 4719-4723.
- Chemical investigation of an endophytic fungus Chaetomium globosum isolated from leaves of Wikstroemia uva-ursi led to the isolation of two new azaphilones, chaetoviridins J and K (1 and 3), along with five known derivatives (2 and 4？7). The structures of azaphilones were determined by NMR, X-ray diffraction, Mosher’s method, and CD analysis. The isolated compounds were evaluated for their cancer chemopreventive-potential based on their abilities to inhibit tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α)-induced nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-κB). Compounds 4, 5, 7, and synthetic 8 and 9 inhibit nitric oxide (NO) production with IC50 values in the range of 0.3？5.8 ？M. Compounds 4, 5, and 9 also displayed (TNF-α)-induced NF-κB activity with IC50 values in the range of 0.9？5.1 ？M.
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.