Pseudorhodobacter psychrotolerans sp. nov., a psychrotolerant bacterium isolated from terrestrial soil, and emended description of the genus Pseudorhodobacter
Cited 6 time in
Cited 7 time in
- Pseudorhodobacter psychrotolerans sp. nov., a psychrotolerant bacterium isolated from terrestrial soil, and emended description of the genus Pseudorhodobacter
- Other Titles
- 남극 육상토양에서 분리된 저온성세균 Pseudorhodobacter psychrotolerans sp. nov.,
- Lee, Yung Mi
Lee, Hong Kum
Hong, Soon Gyu
Hwang, Chung Yeon
Shin, Seung Chul
Han, Se Jong
Yang, Jae Young
- Pseudorhodobacter psychrotolerans sp. nov.; Polyphasic taxonomy; Proteobacteria
- Issue Date
- Lee, Yung Mi, et al. 2016. "Pseudorhodobacter psychrotolerans sp. nov., a psychrotolerant bacterium isolated from terrestrial soil, and emended description of the genus Pseudorhodobacter". INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC AND EVOLUTIONARY MICROBIOLOGY, 66: 1068-1073.
- A Gram-staining-negative, falcultatively aerobic, cream-colored, ovoid-shaped, non-motile and psychrotolerant bacterial strain PAMC 27389T, was isolated from the terrestrial soil collected on the King George Island, Antarctica. Phylogenetic analysis based on the 16S rRNA gene sequence revealed that strain PAMC 27389T belongs to the genus Pseudorhodobacter showing the high similarities with P. wandonensis (96.9 %), P. antarcticus (96.8 %), P. ferrugineus (96.5 %), and P. aquimaris (95.4 %). Average nucleotide identity values between strain PAMC 27389T and the type strains of P. wandonensis, P. antarcticus, P. ferrugineus, and P. aquimaris were 70.9, 70.8, 71.1, and 70.4 %, respectively and the genome-to-genome distance were 18.4-19.0 % on average, indicating PAMC 27389T is clearly distinguished from the most closely related Pseudorhodobacter species. The genomic DNA G+C content was 60.2 mol%. Strain PAMC 27389T grew at 0-37 ？C (optimally at 15-20 ？C), at pH 5.5-9.0 (optimally at 6.5-7.0) and in the presence of 0.5-30.0 % (w/v) (optimally at 0.5 %) of sea salt. The major fatty acids (≥ 5%) were Summed feature 8 (18:1 w9c, 86.50 %) and 18:1 w7c 11-methyl (5.4 %). The major polar lipids were one phosphatidylcholine, one phosphatidylglycerol, two unidentified phospholipids, two unidentified aminolipids, and two unidentified aminophospholipids. The major respiratory quinone was identified as Q-10. Based on the phenotypic, chemotaxonomic and genomic data presented, we propose the name Pseudorhodobacter psychrotolerans sp. nov. with the type strain PAMC 27389T (= KCTC 42640T = JCM 30764T).
- Files in This Item
- Can archive pre-print and post-print or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing) or publisher's version/PDF
Can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Archiving not formally supported
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.